Who We Are Chapters *The Glades* Home Media

All Hail Lord Protector Petrus! Farewell to the Elder Council

Whether it's by posting on the Woodland Tavern's notice board, or through shouting out from the center of Aldalonde's city square, the Herald is ever vigilant in his duty of carrying the news of the Guard to its members and friends - (News forum)

All Hail Lord Protector Petrus! Farewell to the Elder Council

Postby Voronwe Eldalom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 am

The election is over and the results are in. Please join me in saluting our new guild leader, the first ever Lord Protector of TSG's multi-game era, Petrus Aduro!

Petrus is stepping into the position after almost 10 years of ceaseless dedication to the Guard, including 4 years as an Elder and countless Chapter leadership roles. Through his tireless efforts, he has helped The Sundered Guard to grow to where it is today; and now with all of us ready to help him, he is sure to lead us to where we need to be tomorrow. Hail and congratulations, Lord Protector Petrus!

The Lord Protector's authority will commence immediately, and with that, the era of the Elder Council comes to a close.

Since the first elections in December of 2003, the Elder Council has been the vehicle of leadership for The Sundered Guard. For exactly 10 years, the elected Council has been TSG's guiding voice, its final arbitrator, and more than anything, its most controversial subject.

A byproduct of the turbulent times when the Guard chose to shift from being a guild of one world to a guild of many, the Council has always borne the marks of the mistakes of that age, even as it tried to correct them.

It was from the brink of a chasm of deep mistrust within the community that the first Elder Councils had to wrest us back from. And though Aldalonde stands today in testament to their successes, they were not without their failings. The very first Council did not succeed in what should have been its only goal of importance - ensuring the wholeness of the community in that pivotal moment, the real inclusion of every Sundered soul, regardless of what world they called home.

Though it has not been without lack of trying, we are all mere mortals, and so many of the failings of those early Councils have been mirrored in the later ones. Grave errors of judgment were made at times by Elders, and emotional restraint sometimes gave way when it shouldn't have. Far too many truly good Guardsmen and women have been lost to this community, either because of some regrettable actions of past Councils, or because the Elders themselves became burnt out after bearing the brunt of the brotherhood's ugly side once too many times.

Leadership is a burden, and though the love many of us share for this place and its people has caused a great number of us (24 in total!) to take up that burden over the years, few have been left undisturbed by the weight of it by the end of their terms. Like the duty of the ranger itself, it can be a thankless job of endless toil and derision - and none who are called to it are perfect - but it is a path that must be walked, nevertheless.

To all those over the years who have given so much of their time and essence to that duty, I must say thank you. And to all the members who have patiently put up with those of us who have fumbled about in the dark while trying to lead you forward, I say thank you. I know it has been my extraordinary privilege and honor to be allowed to even associate with you crazy people, let alone to act as a shepherd and guardian where I could. I am sure the same goes for most every Elder.

Now, as we look towards a new beginning and the chance for a true renewal of The Sundered Guard's purpose and strength, I urge us all to remember that true leadership is accomplished as a whole, with each of us responsible for our own contributions towards the future we wish to be a part of, even as we may be guided there by one person.

As the Guard's longest serving Elder and a member of the first Council, I believe I can speak for us all when I say, GOOD LUCK, PETRUS! :lol: I know you know what you're getting into. renghrel a kna snara, brother.

The Elder Council, 2003-2013
Ashindai Cessmera (12/2003 - 12/2004)
Haliit Ferase (12/2003 - 02/2005)
Nevar Darkmoon (12/2003 - 06/2004)
Tasital Goldeneyes (12/2003 - 02/2006)
Voronwe Eldalom (12/2003 - 12/2004, 08/2008-12/2013)
Aleta (09/2004 - 10/2006)
Rilandune Ilethian (12/2004 - 12/2007)
Finnonbhara (01/2005 - 06/2006)
Twistybread (03/2005 - 09/2006)
Maximas (07/2005 - 10/2006)
Kayletta Jade (06/2006 - 10/2006)
Lanton Underdark (10/2006 - 12/2010)
Featar En'Nole (10/2006 - 07/2008)
Tanth (11/2006 - 12/2007, 08/2008-12/2008)
Arra Brightheart (11/2006 - 07/2008)
Petrus Aduro (12/2007 - 12/2012)
Wolvyn (12/2007 - 12/2008)
Frosty Thundertrod (12/2008 - 12/2011)
Laatho (12/2008 - 12/2009)
Romans DeMalum (12/2008 - 12/2011)
Valdercon (12/2009 - 12/2011)
Derel (12/2011 - 07/2013)
Eniala Arym (12/2012 - 12/2013)
Altoric (07/2013 - 12/2013)
Voronwe Eldalom

Serious business.

Glademaster

Highscores: 2

Re: All Hail Lord Protector Petrus! Farewell to the Elder Council

Postby Petrus Aduro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:54 am

What? I said I wanted to run things more like TOR.... :twisted:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, thanks Vor for the writeup about the Elder Council, it was good to see that list, I'd forgot how many people were on it. It's also good to see how many people from the early councils still poke their heads in every once and a while.

Also, thanks for everyone else who ran. The only way we can improve anything around here is if we step up and try, and all three of you took the biggest step you could really make in the guild right now, and I know I appreciate it for sure. In the next few weeks I'll be talking to each of you (and everyone else) to see what you're interested in doing around here, and what ideas you have to help move TSG forward into tomorrow, because one thing I know for sure is even though we've switched to a 1 person leadership system, the effort and dedication required to push the Guard forward is a job that's much bigger than any one person can realistically do. (Unless we want to start a "Pay the LP" charity fund...)

Anyway, the last thing I wanted to say for now is that I'll be taking this weekend and part of next week to come up with a few things, lay a few plans, and talk to a few people, and sometime next week I'll make a longer post(s) about some of the changes I plan, as well as open up some discussions so that everyone can have a chance to voice what they want to see changed. So in the meantime, think about what you want to see here. More guild activities? A solid effort at a guild gathering this summer? Monthly contests with prizes? Game related competitions? Raffles and giveaways? A new clearing-based RP thread like we did back in the day? Whatever you're looking for out of a gaming community, and not getting here, let's look at why that is, and how we can fix it.

Thanks for everyone who ran against me and thanks for everyone who's served on the council.
naffa girat, da nran nkosh

-Petrus
Petrus Aduro
Lord Protector

Highscores: 1
:

Postby Petrus Aduro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:12 am

Now, as my first official act as Lord Protector, I would like to confirm Cervine's nomination of Ilana to the "Office of Do You Believe in Magic and Psychosis"
Petrus Aduro
Lord Protector

:

Postby Jinsoku Akki » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:08 am

*Takes one knee and bows head* What is your bidding my master?
The foolish and unwary find surprises and among them, waiting death.
STAR-YKYC-Y7RM Use this code when you sign up for Star Citizen to get 5,000 UEC (United Earth Credits)
which can be spent on the website for weapons, ship components or decorations for your Hangar.
Jinsoku Akki
Star Citizen Advocate

Postby Jinsoku Akki » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

And to Voronwe and all the Elders who has served. I know I have not been here as long as most but I want to say thank you to everyone who has been on the council in the past. We would not be where we are today without your dedication to this community.
The foolish and unwary find surprises and among them, waiting death.
STAR-YKYC-Y7RM Use this code when you sign up for Star Citizen to get 5,000 UEC (United Earth Credits)
which can be spent on the website for weapons, ship components or decorations for your Hangar.
Jinsoku Akki
Star Citizen Advocate

Postby Derel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Congrats my friend. I wish you the best this year. But I bow to no one, unless you bring tacos. I'll bow for tacos.

Derel Valin
Aide de camp to the Lord Protector
Derel

Aide de Camp to the Lord Protector

Postby Frosty Thundertrod » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Don't wory making fun of petrus will remain one of my favrate pass times
Hamsters and rangers every where rejoice! ~Minsk

Unofficial officer of Minsk quotes.
Officer of Incoherent Spelling
Dirty old man in training
Frosty Thundertrod
The Shiny Cubone

Postby Petrus Aduro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Hope you like your tacos extra crispy...

Petrus Aduro
Lord Protector

:

Postby Derel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Mmmm, tacos. Ok, I'll bow, at least till I'm done with them.

Derel Valin
Aide de camp to the Lord Protector
Derel

Aide de Camp to the Lord Protector

Postby Ilana » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Grats Petrus, I hope you will rule with a iron fist :twisted:

And I'd like to join Jin in thanking everyone who has served as an Elder on the council. Imo having to be in a leading position is a shitty and hard job to do so cudos to you. And after all you've kept this guild together for 10years so I salute you to a job well done.

I find your lack of nudity disturbing.

Office of Do You Believe in Magic and Psychosis
Ilana
Guardsman of Tamriel

Postby Altoric » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:34 pm

My stance is the same as when I got elected Elder: don't blame me, I voted for Romans.
Altoric
Tracker of the Guard

Postby Haliit Ferase » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:45 pm

All hail
Haliit Ferase

nere ien Ghrel'ah

Mist of Memory

Postby Nevar Darkmoon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:07 pm

My stance is the same as when I got elected Elder: don't blame me, I voted for Romans.

ROFL....

Good luck Petrus, my gut says it is going to be a wild ride.

I am looking foward to seeing the changes and differences that will be illustrated with a singular leader moving us forward.
Image Desc
"Most of the time I just find myself pointing and thrusting." - Scott Manley 2013
-Time spent to never recover -ESO -Tilver, Ganik, Alia
-docked- EvE as Tilver, Alia Mekahre
-camped- LoTRO Nevarien -40 hunter, Caerdwin -31 minstrel, Nidacien -29 loremaster, Treido -31 burglar, Grint -28 guardian
-retired- EQ2- Nevarina (80 conjuror/80 sage-mythed), Grinti (80 paladin/59 armorer), Ganik (80 Warden/76 Alchemist- fabled) Tempt (80 Coercer-mythed)
Nevar Darkmoon
Tracker of the Guard

Postby Temurah » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:03 am

ZOMG PETRUS! Boy did I come back at an interesting time. So much I missed. But I know the Guard prosper under your leadership. Grats bud! ^_^
Temurah
Pathfinder of the Guard

Postby Petrus Aduro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:06 am

Damn, long time no see. Welcome back. Also, that location in your profile right? DC Metro? I live about 1/2 a block from the Crystal City Metro. Also, you have a steam name? Can get you added.
Petrus Aduro
Lord Protector

:

Return to The Aldalonde Herald